Register
Sitting Over A Planet

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Sitting Over A Planet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
technoin
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Sitting Over A Planet

So I have someone sitting over my planet on "defense" mode, waiting for his friend to show up for a gangbang (ETA 19 hours). I was trying to have my ships preemptively attack his, but can't seem to get them to do anything.

I've tried switching to attack mode... nothing.

I tried to switch to an attack code... all I got was fleet 1 is facing ____ fleet 1 - next confrontation in 23 hrs.

Am I right in assuming he's able to just sit on top of my planet and I can't attack him??????

If so, this is really really something they should change
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject:

Actually this what you have been talking about can sometimes be usefull startegy amongst other things why this is implemented in game.Its called battle pause and prevents someone to attack you twice with same ships in period of 24h.So if you have in base set 1-1-1-4(figher,destroyer,cruiser,buildings)someone could come to your place with 2500 kamikaze and attack you in couple of second apart and destroy your entire base.Battle pause prevents this to happen.Thats why you alway set up 1-1-1 deffense and this way you will be able to stand against one attackers wave.
This guy who is sitting on your planet propably forgot to set his attack code and made a battle pause with you.Which will last 24 hours and that way giving you advantage of prapering your deffences.
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject:

Technoin...You are learning about Battle Pause. Check it out in the manual and then.....
It can be used to gain stragetic advantage. I'd try to give an example however, many can explain the tactial uses of this part of the game much better than I.

If the Attacker came to your planet on defence mode and you had all your ships within your base, you would not fight, however, you go through the motions as if you do. Now any of the INVOLVED ships on either side cannot fight again for 24 hrs.
If you would have had some of your ships in a fleet and not set to defence, they would have fought.
Now get this part.......
If you would have had 2 fleets plus a base fleet...say fleet 2 was just sitting 1 sector out, and you fought againt the invading fleet with fleet 1, you could transfer any ship from fleet 1 over to fleet 2 and then while the ship that fought already in fleet 1 remained in fleet 2, fleet 2 would not fight either.
This feature can give you a big tactiacl advantage when faced with multiple fleet attacks or you want to fight against some fleets and not others.

Perhaps others can explain it much better as I am just exploring this major part of ST battle and I cannot give you proper examples yet

Like Failtrip just did above while I was typing and burning brain rubber trying to figure out how to tell you
 Back to top »
technoin
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject:

Thanks Failtrip1

Thanks T2

I appreciate the help. I know about battle pause. I just didn't know it was still considered a "battle" when a defending fleet comes to your planet. I was just getting into this game a while ago, but then decided I needed to do more studying of tests, and less playing.

BUT I'M BACK BABY
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Newbie Help » Sitting Over A Planet

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: